The job market for veterans is improving, but the opportunities are not yet endless. According to the Department of Labor (DOL), there were more than 6.1 million veterans employed in the U.S. during 2017, which was a 7 percent increase from the year before. The highest-paying jobs for veterans are often ones that involve military service. If you have a degree in business or an advanced degree in another field, small business administration or marketing may be a good fit.
These fields are known for their customer-first culture and have grown up caring for our nation’s military members and their families after 9/11. Other great jobs for veterans include manufacturing, construction, education, and healthcare. Check out The Best Employment sites list of the highest paying jobs for veterans below!
The Best Employment Sites List of the Highest Paying Jobs for Veterans
Here is our list of the best employment sites for veterans, according to Glassdoor.com:
- Military Friendly Employers – This program is designed to help employers hire veterans. The goal is to help employers be more understanding and receptive when it comes to hiring military service members. While it does not guarantee a job, it does give employers an opportunity to be more informed, which benefits both them and the veteran.
- Military-Friendly Jobs – This site allows you to apply for jobs with companies that have a history of hiring military service members. It also provides information such as how many veterans work in the company’s particular industry, what kind of benefits are offered by the employer, and what their salary range is.
- Military.com – This site provides a wide variety of resources for veterans, including a job board, networking groups, and employment news. It also keeps veteran employment statistics up-to-date and has links to other helpful sites, including the VA and the Department of Labor.
- Military OneSource – This site is designed to help veterans find employment opportunities that are suited to their needs. Veteran career counselors are available to help you navigate a job search with military experience or college courses in mind.
- MilitaryJobsOnline.com – This is one of our favorite resources for veterans looking for work! It offers several career services, including resume and cover letter assistance, job search tips and advice, networking events, and more! There are also links to other great websites that offer more information about veteran employment.
- MilitaryRecruiter.com – This site is designed for military members and veterans looking for work. It offers a number of useful resources to help you find the best job for you, including advice on how to build a resume and cover letter, tips on answering interview questions, and information on the job market.
- Veterans United – This site provides a wide range of resources for veterans looking for work, including an online job board, career counseling, networking opportunities, and more! The site also offers tools to help you navigate the benefits available through your GI Bill education benefits, as well as links to other helpful sites.
- WorkforVets.org – This is another great resource that offers a number of helpful tools, including resume writing tips and advice, networking events, and more! The site also keeps veteran employment statistics up-to-date and offers links to other helpful sites too.
While these are just a few examples of great sites that can help guide you in finding employment after military service, keep in mind that there are many more out there! Searching these sites will give you access to all kinds of information about employers who are eager to hire active-duty military members or veterans with experience in their particular industry or skill set. These resources can provide valuable insight into what kind of jobs are available now or what kind of positions might be hiring soon.
Other Great Jobs For Veterans
There are many different types of jobs for veterans and their families. Some of the more popular are as follows: Veterans’ employment has grown exponentially over the past few decades. Nationally, the percent growth of veterans’ employment is at an even higher rate than the national average. As more veterans return to the workforce, they are finding rewarding and more accessible jobs. If you are a veteran in search of your next job, the following are some of the higher-paying jobs for veterans that you may want to consider.
In the current economy, many veterans have trouble finding work. While there are a number of reasons for this, one of the biggest is that there are so few jobs available for veterans. However, with more and more returning vets looking for employment, there are also more and more jobs available. For example, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2015, the unemployment rate was 3.8 percent among non-veterans. This compares to an unemployment rate of 4.7 percent among veterans who were unemployed in 2015.
There are a number of resources that could be helpful when it comes to getting a job after you return from military service. The first resource is the Veterans Job Board, where you can search for jobs throughout the country or by the state if you want to find particular areas that offer good opportunities for veterans to find employment after they return from service overseas.
The other resource is Military OneSource which provides information about your rights as a veteran and how to protect them while on active duty or through retirement, including how to get VA benefits and how your medical record should be handled when you leave military service and go back into civilian life.
You can also visit their website at Military OneSource .org, where they provide information about a variety of topics related to military life, including benefits available from the Department of Veteran Affairs (VA), programs offered by local VA facilities throughout the nation as well as some helpful tips on how best to manage your benefits.
Veterans are often the best candidates for a variety of jobs. In fact, many employers are actively seeking veterans because they know they will have the skills and experience necessary to be successful in their workplace.
The Best Employment Top 10 list of the Highest Paying Jobs for Veterans
The following are the top ten highest-paying jobs for veterans. Keep in mind that these are only the jobs that currently have a minimum salary requirement, and they may change at any time. The median salary for veterans is $51,050, which is higher than the median salary for the general population. Veterans who work in these industries make an average of $56,730 per year. Some of the industries with the highest paying jobs for veterans are Construction – $70,680 Median Salary.
Police – $65,680 Median Salary
Healthcare – $58,070 Median Salary
Manufacturing – $53,160 Median Salary
Retail Trade – $51,340 Median Salary Many people join the military because they want to become construction workers and help build things that make their country better. However, many people who join the military do not realize that there is also construction work outside of building military bases and other structures needed by our country’s soldiers overseas.
There are many construction sites all around America that need workers to operate heavy equipment such as cranes, forklifts, bulldozers, and other equipment used in construction projects. These jobs can be found at any time of day or night because most construction sites need workers 24 hours a day, seven days a week which makes these positions very stable employment positions for veterans with less than two years of active-duty service time or less than six years total service time including active-duty service time.
With the strides being made for equality and justice for veterans, it’s important to remember that there are still many challenges that they face on a daily basis. If you are a veteran and you are looking for a job, the following list of the highest-paying jobs for veterans can help you find one that aligns with your military experience and training.
While it’s important to have a job, it’s even more important to have a job that can allow you to live a healthy and fulfilling life. The following list of the healthiest jobs for veterans can help you find one that is right for you. It’s easy to think of veterans as heroes, but they are also human beings with lives outside of the uniform. The following list of the most interesting careers for veterans can help you get a better idea of what kind of career might be best for your interests.
Veterans are often in great need of help, and the following list of the most charitable jobs for veterans can help you find one that will allow you to give back to your community. If you’re looking for a job but aren’t sure what you want to do with your life, this list of the most interesting careers for veterans can get you on the right path. As a veteran, it’s important that you are able to work with others in a professional manner.
If you’re looking for a job but aren’t sure what kind of position would be best for you, the following list of the most interesting careers for veterans can get your career off on the right foot. It may feel like there are no opportunities out there for veterans, but this list of top jobs for veterans can help fill that gap. While it may seem like there is little opportunity out there for veterans who want to make a living doing something they love, this list of top jobs for veterans can help ease some of those worries and provide some hope that there is still good news in this economy after all.
While it may seem like there is little opportunity out there for veterans who want to make a living doing something they love, this list of top jobs for veterans can help ease some of those worries and provide some hope that there is still good news in this economy after all.