Saturday, December 16, 2017

Spc. Faith R. Hinkley

August 13, 2010 by
Filed under Killed in Action, Most Recent Posts

KIA: Aug. 7, 2010
Iraq
Assigned to the 502nd Military Intelligence Battalion, 201st Battlefield Surveillance Brigade, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Wash.

“A Joint Base Lewis-McChord soldier died Saturday from wounds suffered during an attack in Iraq, the Department of Defense said Monday.

The soldier was 23-year-old Army Spc. Faith R. Hinkley, from Colorado Springs, Colo. She suffered wounds when insurgents attacked her unit, which was stationed in Iskandariya in central Iraq.

Hinkley was assigned to the 502nd Military Intelligence Battalion, 201st Battlefield Surveillance Brigade at Joint Base Lewis-McChord between Olympia and Tacoma. She enlisted in August 2007 and went to Fort Jackson, S.C., for basic training, then she got advanced training at Fort Huachuca, Ariz. She went to Fort Lewis in August 2008 and was deployed to Iraq in September 2009.

During her time in the Army, Hinkley was awarded the National Defense Service Medal, the Global War on Terrorism Service Medal and the Army Service Ribbon.

Source:
Add a caption
Spc. Faith R. Hinkley
KIA: Aug. 7, 2010
Iraq

Comments

6 Responses to “Spc. Faith R. Hinkley”
  1. Darla says:

Forever the Rainbow, Faith. Thank you for coming to the aid of our country.
    Darla Coffey Golden
    Past Grand Officer in CA 1974-1975
    Past Worthy Adviser in CA 1973

2. Lynne Bettles says:

I do not know you, but, I believe you knew my son from tech school in Ft. Huachuca, AZ. I am so sad that you have passed. I am so proud of what you have done for our country. My your soul be blessed and my thanks and prayers go out to your family.

3. Chris Vargo says:

As it came to be, I stumbled across this website today. It truly saddens my heart to look at the faces of these mothers and daughters knowing the collateral damage left behind due to the useless tragedy of war. Not that any man killed in combat is any less absurd, but a child and/or a father should never have to lose a mother and/or a daughter in this manner. As an American, I do honor and hold with the highest regard your service, bravery and sacrifice. As with every American, my family and I are forever indebted to you and your family.

From one American family,
    You are not forgotten

4. SPC Lualhati says:

Dear SPC Hinckley,

It has been 7 months since you changed my life. I am too is a veteran of OIF/ OND and was there to witness your coming to the hospital. There is not a single day I do not think of that night. You have been a motivation to my career and on – going plans in the future to save soldiers. You are a true HERO. Just know that you are never forgotten. Your death has left a scar in my heart that I shall live with for the rest of my life.

Always on my mind & prayers always out to your family,
    SPC Lualhati

5. Jones,Roger W says:

RIP snd thank you for your service you will not be forgotten our sister in the military brother hood HOORA.

6. Vicente Saavedra Te says:

I just want her to know that once upon a time there was me who love her very much…